Our History

This period qualifies as a time of struggle for the club as the outbreak of war brought rugby to an abrupt end whilst the depression of the 1920's put players under different pressures. However the 1925-26 season was significant for the club becauseVern Jenkins, the landlord of The King's Head pub, offered the club the use of the tap room as changing rooms and committee headquarters, whilst the King's Head field became their new home ground.

This era ended as it begun with the outbreak of war and Pontnewydd did not play a game for six seasons.